- Customer: consumer customers who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n): deposit account, loan account, safe deposit box, on-line banking services
- Nonpublic personal information: information about our customers that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, the term "information" will mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
- Affiliate: is a company owned or controlled by HSLC, that owns or controls HSLC, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls HSLC. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
- Non-affiliated third party: is a person not employed by or company not affiliated with HSLC. This is also known as non-affiliated third party, or simply, "other party".
- The information we collect: HSLC collects information from its customers from the following sources: information given to HSLC on applications or other forms, information about transactions with us, information about transactions with other parties, information from a consumer reporting agency, information we receive as a result of verifying customer information
- Information we disclose about our customers: we do not disclose any information about our customers to anyone, except as permitted by law and to those parties that assist in our business operations and servicing customers' accounts.
- The confidentiality, security, and integrity of customer information: we restrict access to information about our customers to those employees who need to know that information to provided products or services to our customers. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
- Information about former customers: we do not disclose information about former customers, except as permitted by law.