Approved HSLC Methods of Contact
HSLC will never text you directly.
- You may receive texts from Vantiv regarding debit card charge verification.
- The Vantiv text identifier is 33748. Click here to see Vantive sample text.
- Click here to learn how to identify SMiShing Texts.
HSLC will never ask you to enter or give account information to an automated phone system outside of telephone banking mentioned previously.
- You should always be suspicious of requests for personal banking information.
- HSLC does not have any robo/automated calling or texting other than debit card charge approval from Vantiv (877-230-3179).
HSLC may email you from your online banking product, but the email will never include links to websites.
- They may include phone numbers to call which will be 419-673-1117.
- Email alerts about your accounts will usually come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to learn more about HSLC's account alerts and reminders
Valid Email Sample:
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:25 PM
To: First Name Last name
Subject: Scheduled Transfer Successful.
Your scheduled transfer from First name's Checking account to Home Bills Checking account in the amount of $350.00 was successful. 04/13/2017 11:24:37 MDT.
Transfer confirmation number 77118996.
Direct Human Call
HSLC may call you individually from approved numbers, but if you were not expecting the call, you should always call back a known number, which is listed below.
- List of Approved Phone Numbers - calls from HSLC will originate from these numbers, and you should call these numbers to verify identity.
- You may receive calls from Vantiv about debit card fraud (877-230-3179). Click here to see Vantiv Customer Call Script.